Tuesday, July 22, 2008

art Tuesday

So this was my second 'art Tuesday' where I spent a few hours after work playing around with 3d for myself. Today I actually made something presentable. Last week I had big ideas for a character and all these details and this and that. In the end I barely got started on it. Today however, I spent some time at work while things were rendering to doodle. The doodle looked similar to something else I had doodled and thought about creating in 3d before. Well enough ranting, I'll just put up the image and be done.

sketch:


final image:


title: noncommittal_01
size: 450x626 pixels
medium: 3dsmax+vray

Ideas for the piece were a combination of my feelings about failed personal projects, the inability to finish something, paper craft folding, origami, and the want to use the 3d program in the most simplest ways. I think I might try to develop this more, both the concept and the visual style I'm looking for.

No comments: